20 Jul 2017

Professional Dungeon Master

A thing occurred: I am now part of a group on Facebook called DMs on Demand. The point of the group is to promote the sharing of business practices between and among those that charge for their services, those services being organising and running tabletop roleplaying games.

It's a scary prospect turning something done for fun into a business pursuit, but it's exhilarating to go through it. I've had to set up a Paypal account (paypal.me/d20Advice) and I'm seriously looking into Patreon as a thing.

This stuff is starting to get a little too real. I'm excited, but also trepidatious. I don't want to be the source of one of those horror stories I've read many times on various D&D forums. However, with friends and family and their support, hopefully, I can pull myself back from the precipice of full-douche if it ever becomes a danger.

So I guess I should start advertising my services... Hit me up if you want a game run :)

No comments:

Post a Comment